Friday, January 1, 2016

Living My 60th Year - A New Year

Credit to Jan van der Crabben

I've  been absent a while - I was bogged down in "stuff".  Really can't name exactly what it was, but whatever it was, now has seemed to have left!

Happy New Year.  The entries, hundreds of them, all well wishers  are flying by on FaceBook.  

What is New Year?  A day on the calendar.  Actually, it is the first day on the  Gregorian calendar and was started, according to some sources, somewhere about 153 BC. Then depending on how or what you  believe, New Year occurs throughout the year based on that calendar.

My New Year's Day isn't January 1st, mine is May 1st.   Actually this begins my busiest time of the year as I start the "season" which lasts from January to April.


So to celebrate the disappearance of the boggy, I decided to take this day head on. For the last few weeks, I've been catching up and cleaning up.  

Ruthless catching up - marathons at my desk.  I've filled my recycle box twice in the last week.  Papers scanned, filed, shredded or recycled.  

Marathons at my volunteer desk aka my kitchen island. Taking assessment of my assignments, glad to say most are up to date.   

Ruthless cleaning up - marathons at putting items back to where they belong.  Interesting as my minimalist work a year ago and this year has made this easier.  Actually, a few times I had to empty the drawer, closet, etc and put it back together.  It is amazing how 'stuff' shifts during the year into places not intended.  I've done at least 1000 stairs so far today.

Marathons of re-arranging - all of a sudden, more drawers need to be done.  How did that happen?

Whatever you choose for your New Year's Day....  May you have health and happiness all year long.


Here's to a year of catching the dreams you chase,
doing what makes you smile,
and loving the life you live.

No comments: