Monday, July 6, 2015

Living My 60th Year - about half over

Yes it is almost my half birthday!  Can you believe that half of the calendar year has past us by?
For me the first four months are buried in lots of work and therefore I've pretty much celebrated May 1st as my happy new year and the year which lasts eight months.

I have mini celebrations the first of each month.  Why you may ask?  Because I can and deserve to take a moment out to celebrate me.  For the 1st of July - I treated myself out for dinner at a local joint called TJs.  Got to sit on the patio, enjoyed a simple meal and read fun lace magazines!  

Over the past week, I completed more stuff!  Stuff I won't need to complete again.  It truly feels like small weights are being lifted.

With a little less on my plate, I have had the chance in the last week to complete some of my 'art' projects.  The sand dollar and shell were given to me by Iris who escapes our winter in Florida.  So the shell sat on my table as I continued to think about it.  then I found the doily and the hoop - viola it is now complete and hanging up in my home.  It reminds me of our friendship, the beach and of course, lace.

Then the Red/White/Blue scarf was completed.  I had enough thread and time to create another, a string scarf.  My design, inspired by a few scarves I 'pinned'.  Wow - expand my mind.  The string scarf reminded me of a piece of jewelry my mom has.  Now I have two scarves just in time for the 4th of July!  


Oh my goodness - the star project is now complete.  I pulled down the grid, removed the crystal and lace, and put up the stars.   All the yarn is used up!  Here's a look see of the grid.  I'm thinking I would like to add more stars to the grid.  I'll wait until I get one of those 40% coupons for JoAnn's to get another package of those mini skeins.   In the mean time, I am loving my stars - the colors are so bright and cheery.



My June went well, using my accomplishment journal, I am seeing that I am getting back in my saddle. I am getting things done and behind me.  


Lucky now it is summer as some of my charity work really slows down.  The local community TV group on the other hand is ramping up.  We need more volunteers which can always be a struggle.  

Like many organizations, they do not reach out or remember to market themselves.  We have some new blood, so new ideas are surfacing.  I'm completing an admin task for them.  Revamping some documents - updating them for the changes in technology, address change for some (lol they moved five years ago), even getting to learn some HTML code for addressing simple changes on the website.  It's kinda fun to write code - haven't done that in ....ah  lets say in many years.  I also had the opportunity to assist to help in adding graphics (post production) to video we shot several months ago.  It's like a new adventure - I'm out of the house, around some really techie folks, fun.

This coming week is quieter with no big appointments.  It's time for me to go back to my list of stuff and see what I could start and /or complete this month.  We have concerts in the park, our big Extravaganza week, a week long town event ending in fireworks in two weeks.  Make dates with friends, and the items around the place that I need to address.   I already made one goal - have the shredding company come by again after 8/15.  

What is your second half of the year look like?  Have you made plans to complete the todo's you have; make dates with family and friends; treat yourself?   Sit down with your calendar - make some dates for you!

Here's to a year of catching the dreams you chase,
doing what makes you smile,
and loving the life you live.





No comments: