Monday, May 4, 2015

Living My 60th Year - spring has arrived!


A week has past - once again filled to the brim.  

These little beauties were a surprise.  I forgot that I planted these in the front garden.  When they popped their heads out a few weeks ago... I asked my neighbor, whom I  share this garden with, and she didn't know.  As the blooms opened I had an ah ha moment.  I was given these daffodils  in a small container a year ago February and last fall I must have dumped them in the front garden.  What a welcome sight each morning when I go out to fetch the newspaper.

I've had a house guest for the entire past week.  Though I didn't need to much, she was in and out visiting many friends and used my place as her jumping off point.  We have had bits and pieces of time together.  That's been nice.  It has kept the common spaces well organized and a bonus was clearing off the back deck of the winter grim to be able to sit outside!  

My work week was okay, actually completed items and my desk remains okay.  My efforts to schedule in-house work was a bit ambitious.  I did complete quite a bit, though not as much as I thought I would.  Have you done that?  This week is pretty open and I have lots to complete.  

Over the weekend was the Friends of the Library BookSale.   I restrained myself as I need to cull my own collection of books and donate them back to the Friends.  I did pick up a book on paintstiks that you use to draw/paint on fabric and of course a crochet book.  We went on Sunday for the 'bag of book' part of the sale and I filled a bag with some books I'll use as an inspiration for a basket I will donate in the fall for a silent auction at CCSU's Library event.  I will be making a baby blanket - easy and quick - found a quick pattern and the yarn has been around way to long!  Add a few books and baby items to make it a great basket for a baby gift.  

She also helped me pick out some fabric to make a "cloth yarn" that I will use to crochet a basket.  I saw a pattern and didn't have any supplies in the studio.  I also picked out fabric from the store's remnant basket to make a draw string liner for my new basket.   

Here's to the spring blooms ---  take time out-of-doors and breath in the freshness of the season.
Here's to a year of catching the dreams you chase,
doing what makes you smile,
and loving the life you live.

No comments: