Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Snowflakes - finding more thread

 Great week, I completed two flakes #14 and #15!

The top is called SP-511 - Unfortunately I don't have the designer's name.  A friend of mine sent me a copy of the pattern.

The bottom is called Sophronia from Snowcatcher.  Her patterns are just lovely.  She puts up a new design each Monday.   This patten had lots of work on the third round.

I'm beginning to understand how the snowflake is made.  Couple yards of thread, a crochet hook, a few rounds of stitches and it happens before your eyes.  Remember snowflakes have six points!

The notebook I set up as I started this challenge - I'm respecting it and including all the patterns, credits, etc that I have worked.  Of course, we  have enjoyed the pictures.  This has been on of my best organized efforts!

My snowflake challenge falls over into other aspects of my life.  I finished up two balls of DMC  #10 in getting these snowflakes so far.  Great as that's two balls out of the open stash box - though no more white.  I began scouring my stash and could only find balls of Ecru ?  Where is my stash of white?

So there I am pulling apart items in the studio.  I found two unfinished thread crochet projects stuck away from a very long time ago.  One was almost done - though I'm not excited about it any longer. I may reclaim the thread from that project - but not right now.   A second one was really not started.  It was a multiple motif placemat - nice pattern but.....  The second project doesn't exist any longer!!  So now a hook can be placed back into the holder and I found an almost full ball of #10 DMC Cebelia!!

Yeah - studio received a few moments of my much needed attention.  I've an almost full ball of thread to continue making my snowflakes.  For the unexperienced, I've 284 yards of thread to continue on.

No comments: