Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Living My 60th Year

Birthday Day was completed, hundreds of messages in various methods of delivery, text, phone, IM, FB, in person, around a conference table, email and by US mail.  From England and Australia to all over the US.  All wishing me a good day.  How blessed is that.  A few folks sent me a multiple messages of wishes throughout the day.  

I generally attempt to keep up with thanking each person for their kindness and leave them a message.  It can be challenging at certain times of the day, though by the end of the day I was caught up.

The CountDown counter was updated for my next birthday - at a glance it seems so far away.  We know in a flash that months will disappear and it will be just around the corner again.

My observations - we all need to slow down just a wee bit. The quicker we can dash off a message - life is truly rushing by.  That is why I  engage each individual with a thank you for their birthday message to me.  I received pictures, songs, a dancing e-card that the senders' faces were imposed over the dancing fools on the card.  There were private messages - nice to get one from a school mate that shares the day with me.  First time I noticed he was actually the oldest in the class!  There was a lovely private FB/IM from a gentleman I met this past summer in the campaign to save our park. It was a gentle message, so kind and ended in in a kick to save our park yet once again!

Several folks hopped over to read my blog post for my birthday. That was a bonus!  Extra reads :)  Thank you extra for stopping by!

The nieces and nephews in the picture did remember their Aunt Patty.  I spoke with two of my nephews - the little guy #3 wants to come up for a visit during his April break.  He actually got out the calendar and let me know just when.  I need to figure out how I can complete tax season - breathe and have him stay with me for a few days. LOL  Aunt Patty can do anything!   He was so excited, "Aunt Patty I have to tell you something really important."  okay I was all ears. "Aunt Patty - I can get the software I was saving for (has to do with computer gaming) with the $25 you gave for Christmas!"

It was tooo funny!  He was so excited and it was great he wanted to share it with me. Nephew #2 was telling me about how his shoulder was healing and getting ready for his midterm tests.  Niece #5 called - though when I returned her call I missed her and hopefully we can chat later.  Then niece #1 and #3 called and left message that I haven't been able to retrieve.  I called them both back and left messages  - I'm sure they were out celebrating my birthday!  And rounding out - nephew #1 texted me from school this morning (ahem??) and niece #2 texted me very very late at night.

All in All - a day I was thankful for.  I'll leave you with the sentiment written on a card that was sent the old fashion way......

Here's to a year of cathching the dreams you chase,
doing what makes you smile,
and loving the life you live.


No comments: