Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy Birthday and the start of the 60th year.

Today is my birthday!  Yeah!  I'm finishing my ahemmm my 59th year and beginning a decade year - my 60th year.

This picture was taken on the celebration of completing my 50th year.  All those kids are my nieces and nephews --- update - one graduated college, three are in college, and the remaining four are in secondary school.  I'm glad to report that all are doing quite well.

http://thyme-is-honey.com/2014/12/20/2015-dos/
Beginning this year will be different.  I'm not sure how yet.  There won't be any fanfare, no rockets blasting, instead a quite day.  I have decided to write on my blog more, read more, make plans to enjoy friends and family, and work on a challenge or two or three throughout the year.

This quote was  posted on my FB page,  It does sum up items that you can do for a great year.    Some of these I do, some I wish I did more often.  Of course 'wishing' doesn't get it done - doing - gets it done!

My birthday is often 'cancelled' due to snow.  Three years ago - all set for taking me out to dinner, calling a cab so I didn't have to drive and then Mother Nature said 'no way' and delivered about 25 inches of snow.   It was kinda cool and really pretty outside.

Tomorrow looks no different - ice, snow, rain though it may reach to 36degreesF.  Wow - like almost beach weather.  Those you you reading along - in New England we have been in the single digits and with a howling wind bringing us down to negative double digits!

The number of the birthday is just a number representing the time on earth.  Heck the guys at the TV station here where I volunteer think I'm in my 40's - so I'm loving that!

My new year begins today.  I will add to my already interesting journey - I'll call this year -  Living my 60th year.  Come on along!




No comments: